Saturday, July 15, 2006

It's all downhill from here



I just crossed the halfway threshhold of my summer. Last night we ended our third of six conferences. Things went pretty well here at Chapman U. It was a solid week overall. Jonathan Mast and Dusty Frizzel did great jobs speaking for us, and Matt Bayless did a swell job leading worship. Recreation options are the tough ting here on the campus...we don't have a gym or a pool...we don't really even have a decent size field to throw a frisbee or kick a soccer ball. There is a small lawn outside the auditorium where we tried setting up a volleyball net. The only problem is that is is one of those volleyball/badminton combos you get from Wal-Mart that is good for neither. So we may scrap the volleyball this next week and go for some soccer or ultimate. I understand why there is not really a place to play outside here. There are houses for sale near the school that would probably sell for 60-80k at home. The owners are asking between 600-800k here. So if I had a football field here in Orange County, I'd sell it and be independantly wealthy.

Libby Jo got to go to the Pacific Ocean yesterday...that was pretty cool. She didn't really care for the water too much. I can't blame her...it was pretty cold. She did have fun hanging out on the beach and looking cute. We did our tricks to impress all the people there at Huntington Beach. Th rest of the crew went to Laguna Beach today. Erin, Libby and I stayed here at the school and took a big fat nap which was wonderful. We're going to try and get together with everyone for dinner tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian Ferguson said...

NATE!!!!!
It's amazing, nay, even thrilling to hear about you. I just saw the family site. Mandy forwarded me the link. Libby is rediculous (that's meant to be a compliment).
I haven't seen nor heard anything of you for almost 3 years now I think. That saddens me a little bit. Anyway, I know the comments section isn't e-mail, so if you'd like to write you can find me at the following:

ianfergusonmusic@yahoo.com
myspace.com/ianferg
whispersaresilver.blogspot.com
(that's my grossly neglected blog)

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home