Wednesday, June 28, 2006

energy


It's amazing what the energy of a crowd does to a conference. Last week's crowd was good...but this week's crowd is unbelievable. Their energy is amazing. On the typical monday night at conference, I walk away from the night feeling a bit frustrated because the crowd wasn't as connected as I'd like them to be. It's normal for it to feel that way. You're doing new songs, people are getting used to you as a worship leader, the folks that come are weary from riding on a bus/van all day. This monday the crowd was ready to go as soon as they showed up. We've had a great time worshipping together...and the week is going great. Eric Epperson (ericepperson.blogspot.com) did a great job speaking on Monday night. There were 30-40 students that came forward after Eric's message, and at least that many after Jim Johnson's message last night.

Libby is doing really well. She's so fun. She's usually all smiles and loves to talk to herself during sessions. I never see her as i lead worship, but from what I hear, she loves to dance when the music is playing. She's getting more and more agile too. I don't think she's anywhere near crawling...but her and I have this new trick we do where I hold her feet and she stands up in my hand and I balance her. She absolutely loves it. She giggles and squeals as she stands up...having a great time. I love the fact that it scares people. It's fun to see people's reaction.

So the summer is going well. It's been a powerful couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store. I've really enjoyed leading worship...but I'm looking forward to being the director only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home