Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day



This is my first official father's day. Erin asked me an intersting question last night. She asked, "What are some things about your dad that you want to emulate?" The first thing that came to mind was work ethic. My dad LOVES to work. On a mission trip in Mexico I started calling him "the ant". He just enjoys it. Other traits I thought of were integrity, honesty, and loyalty. I remeber a time when Dad had a guy play basketball for him and after 4 or five games, dad found out that the guy was technically ineligable. No one knew about it other than dad...and chances are no one would find out. Dad turned himself in and had to forfiet all the games the guy played in. It's even more impressive when you know how much my dad likes to win. He didn't let me win anything as I was growing up...not even once. So I admire him for doing what was right, even though it meant "losing". Anyway, those are some of the things that I hope I can be for Libby. She is such a hoot.

We've still got a lot of set up to do for CIY conference tomorrow. The crew is working real hard...and getting along well. We practiced our skits tomight and it looks like we've got a talented bunch of college reps here. They seemed to grasp the concept and were able to run with it.

We had a church service together on top of the mountain here in Durango. A pretty sweet place to have church if you ask me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home